The JPG Salete Silva Laboratory is committed to protect the safety and privacy of our patients. For that matter, we have prepared this policy with the aim of affirming our commitment and respect for the rules of privacy and protection of personal data.
The JPG Salete Silva Laboratory needs to collect and process personal data of its patients in the scope of services. This collection is performed in the context of the provision of specific medical care or treatment in the area of medical diagnosis.
Our site is informative and there is no collection of personal information.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Any person who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or one or more specific elements of his or her physical, physiological, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity, shall be considered as identifiable.
Who is responsible for collecting and processing data?
The JPG Salete Silva Laboratory receives the medical prescriptions where the patient's data is present, and the treatment of the same is done internally by the Laboratory.
What data are collected and treated?
The JPG Salete Silva Laboratory collects and treats the following personal data:
- Provision of health services (administrative character): name, age, sex, tax identification number, health plan or insurance, beneficiary number of the National Service of Health or policy, clinic and / or prescribing physician of pathology examination;
- Provision of health services (information on the health of the patient): personal or family history, product received for analysis, clinical diagnosis of the prescribing physician, health professional who performed the episode and microscopic report (analysis result).
- Invoicing of anatomopathological exams: name, tax identification number, insurance or health plan, beneficiary number or policy, when requested by some insurers it is necessary to enter this data on their platforms.
How are they treated?
The patient's clinical personal data is collected by the prescribing physician and made available to the Laboratory on prescription. Patient administrative data are made available through the prescription / credential we receive, if any of these data is missing, they are collected in person. The JPG Salete Silva Laboratory seeks to respect the best practices in the area of security and personal data protection, promoting actions and improving systems in order to guarantee the protection of the data that is made available to them.
What is the purpose of the data collected?
Patient data is intended to integrate a data base of the person that the Laboratory may use for health care activities, sending of test results, invoicing of examinations, compliance with other legal or regulatory obligations.
What is the basis for the processing of your data?
The data processing relates to the purposes described and are based on the relationship established between the patient and the Laboratory.
In addition, when treatments involve the processing of patient health data or other specific categories of data (such as genetic data, sex life data, or data on the ethnic origin of Clients), these will be based on the treatment for the purposes of medical diagnosis, provision of care or health care.
Who do we share the data with?
The data collected may be transmitted, respecting the undertaken duty of confidentiality and the principle of the purpose that led to their collection, for the following entities:
- Judicial or administrative authorities, in cases where such assignment is mandatory, namely, Direcção Geral de Saúde and Administração Regional de Saúde;
- Health insurers and healthcare subsystems;
- Health professionals;
- Subcontractors who will process the data on behalf of the JPG Salete Silva Laboratory and according to the purposes determined by it.
What are the rights of data subjects?
According to the General Regulation on Data Protection, we guarantee the following rights:
- Right of Access: you can obtain the confirmation of the personal data concerning you that are being processed, as well as the access to them, being made available to you, if it requires and there are no legal restrictions, a copy of the data processed by the JPG Salete Silva Laboratory.
- Right of objection: data subjects are entitled to oppose the processing of their personal data at any time. The JPG Salete Silva Laboratory will immediately cease processing it, unless they present weighty and legitimate reasons for such processing that prevail over the interests, rights and freedom of the data subjects, or, for reasons of defense in a judicial proceeding;
- Right of rectification: data subjects are entitled to obtain the correction of their personal data that is out of date, incorrect or incomplete.
- Right of limitation: the right to limit the way we treat personal data collected is guaranteed;
- Right to delete: it is guaranteed that within the exceptions established by law, the owners of the personal data have the right to obtain the elimination of their personal data when one of the following situations occurs:
- The data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which it have been collected or processed;
- The holder withdraws the consent, when the treatment is necessarily based on it and there is no other legal basis for the processing of the data;
- When the personal data have been treated unlawfully.
The exercise of these rights can be done through the following means:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Rua Augusto Gil, 34 B - 1000-066 Lisboa | A / c Management
How long are your data stored?
The length of time during which the data is stored and kept varies according with the purpose for which the information is processed. Where there is no specific legal requirement, data shall be stored and retained only for the minimum period necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or for which they are further processed, after which time the data shall be deleted.